Privacy and Security Policy
The organisation respects the privacy of its customers, clients and partners and aims to comply with its legislative obligations with regards to privacy. The following sets out our policy with respect to the collection, use and distribution of personal information, including our process for dealing with privacy-related queries and complaints.
What is personal information?
Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
We only collect personal information that is reasonable and necessary for the provision of services and for our effective business operations.
Types of personal information that may be collected
The types of personal information that may be collected include:
- Contact details, for example, telephone numbers and addresses
- Payment details, including credit card and bank account details
- Financial information, including information for a company credit account application
- Information regarding use of our services including trading history/information
- Correspondence exchanged in the course of our business operations
- Any other personal information shared with us
Method of collecting personal information
As applicable to the business circumstances, personal information may be collected via the following means (or related means):
- The purchase of our goods and services – via the company website, in person at one of our business locations, over the telephone, via email
- Applications for a credit account with the company
- Completion of appropriate paperwork authorising the company to provide required goods and services – including Purchase Orders and completion of Authority to Proceed documentation
- Goods return request
- Subscription to our on-line purchasing portals via our website
- Participation in company promotions and events
- Completing warranty claim documentation
- Applying for a role with the company
- Applying for the provision of services to the company, for example contracting services
- Via third parties when authorisation is provided for such collection
- Lodgement of complaints and queries
Use of personal information
The collection and use of personal information is necessary for the effective provision of our services and to assist us with understanding customer and client needs.
Personal information may be used in various ways including in relation to:
- the supply of goods and services to our customers and clients
- assessment of credit worthiness and the extension of credit in respect of the purchase of the company’s goods and services
- the provision of information regarding the company’s goods and services, including warranty requirements and obligations, promotions and other marketing initiatives
- assessment of the suitability of candidates for relevant roles with the company and in respect of offers of employment and/or engagement in respect of third party providers.
- the assessment of new business opportunities and new engagements
- adherence to our legislative and regulatory requirements
We will not use or disclose any personal information that you give about yourself except for:
- the purpose it was given;
- a purpose directly related to that reason; or
- another purpose to which you have expressly consented.
From time to time we may engage in direct marketing to promote goods and services that we consider to be of interest to your organisation. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing material, you have the ability to opt out from any direct marketing. We otherwise comply with the Spam Act 2003and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006.
Disclosure of personal information
Disclosure of personal information by the company is limited to only what is necessary for us to provide goods or services in a complete and efficient manner, for example, IT providers, insurance providers, third party suppliers of parts and components and transport companies.
Generally, we do not provide personal information to companies based overseas. If overseas disclosure is necessary for the provision of goods and services and the effectiveness of our business operations, the information that is disclosed will be limited to what is strictly necessary to be provided to achieve the desired result.
We will only publish personal information in the public domain if you have authorised such publication.
A first time purchase from our company website implies acceptance to receive notification via email of any updates and offers and the purchaser is automatically added to the company distribution list. Upon receipt of your first notification, you are freely able to unsubscribe to further communications. You may also visit our company website directly and use the unsubscribe service there. For future purchases, you will be asked whether you would like to receive notifications again, in which case you can simply confirm yes or no.
Please note that if you send us an email enquiry we reserve the right to include your email address as part of our email notifications, again which you can easily unsubscribe to if you so choose. In full compliance with the SPAM Act 2003, we will not use or disclose your email address for any other purpose, except as outlined in this Policy, without your prior written consent.
Company websites and linked sites
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of sites linked to our company website via hyperlinks, banner advertising or any other means. Please take care at all times to check the privacy and security policy and/or statement of the website you are visiting.
The company has stringent data protection and privacy controls through its integrated IT systems, policies, procedures and protocols.
The company stores information on secure servers and employs various methods of data protection including:
- Use of the latest SSL security technologies
- Encryption of data when purchasing on-line via our company website
- Password protection on login access to our company website
- Password protection on IT systems to prevent unauthorised access by third parties
- Restrictions on access to information for its various employees as appropriate
- Data logging and secure record keeping, including appropriate backup and storage of information in secure servers and clouds
- Detailed internal policies and procedures regarding the use of IT systems, and privacy obligations
- Secure storage of hard copy materials
Accessing personal information, enquiries and complaints handling
You may request access to personal information that you provide to the company. You may also request the correction or destruction (as appropriate) of your personal information. We will give timely consideration to your requests and respond to you accordingly.
We have an appointed Privacy Officer to assist with any requests regarding your personal information, including the correction of personal information. The Privacy Officer is also able to assist with any other queries relating to your personal information, or how we collect, use and disclose personal information.
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted as follows:
31 Powers Road
Seven Hills NSW 2147
(02) 9881 0071
Our Privacy Officer will review and respond to correspondence in a timely manner.
If you are not satisfied with how your query or complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OIAC), and we will assist with all reasonable inquiries.
Amendments to this Policy
This Policy may be amended from time to time at our discretion, including to ensure compliance with relevant privacy and spam legislation. While all reasonable endeavours are made to comply with this Privacy, we shall not be liable in relation to any inadvertent breaches of this Policy.